6th Grade Camp
6th Grade Outdoor School 2023-24
February 5th-9th, 2024
Outdoor Education ~ 6th Grade Camp Information 2024
Just a friendly reminder that ALL camp payments and forms (including Dr. signed medical forms) are due no later than December 15, 2023 - no late exceptions will be made. If you are in need of additional copies of the forms, please contact your homeroom LED. All money and forms will be collected through your students' homeroom LED.
Cuyamaca Outdoor School (COS)
Cuyamaca Outdoor School (COS), also known as 6th Grade Camp, has connected more than one million students with science and nature since 1946. 6th Grade Camp is an annual tradition for students at Design39Campus. Students, along with their teachers, attend a 5-day camp where they learn about science in nature. Our school’s 6th grade students have the opportunity to attend Cuyamaca Outdoor School the week of February 5-9, 2024.
Requirements that must be completed by families before December 15, 2023:
1) Student Registration and Health form (pink)
This form must be completed, signed and returned to your child’s homeroom LED no later than Friday, December 15, 2023 along with payment of $455.00 payable to “PUSD”. In the memo line, please clearly print your student’s first and last name.
Please visit the COS website if you have questions. Your questions may be easily answered in the FAQs section.
Camp Forms (English):
- Student Registration and Health Form (PDF)
- Medical Authorization Forms (PDF)
- Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations (PDF) (if needed)
- Student Packing List (PDF)
Formularious de campamento (Español):
- Ficha de Inscripción y Cuestionario de Salud (PDF - Español)
- Autorización para Medicamentos (PDF - Español)
- Declaración Médica Para Solicitar Comidas Especiales y/o Adaptaciones (PDF - Español) (si es necesario)
- Lista de equipaje imprimible (PDF - Español)
STUDENTS NEEDING PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION:
If your student has any health or medical issues, it is imperative that they are indicated on the front of the pink Registration Form. If you plan to send any medication that is not listed on the back of the Registration Form under “Non-Prescription Medication Available on an “As-Needed Basis”, you will need to complete a Medical Authorization Form attached in the packet. This includes vitamins, homeopathic medications, over-the-counter medications and prescription medications. All medication forms must be signed by both you and a doctor from the United States and provided to our the Wellness Center NO LATER than December 15, 2023. The actual medications must be in their original containers and are due to the wellness center the week before camp. If you have any questions regarding medical/medication forms, please contact D39C Health Tech, Heidy Utz at [email protected].
Special Dietary Requests/Needs
Any student who requires special meals and/or meal accommodations (except vegetarians and vegans) must complete the Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations form. Parents may contact the camp directly via email @ Child Nutrition Supervisor to discuss meal plans.
- Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations
- Declaración Médica Para Solicitar Comidas Especiales Y/O Adaptaciones
Week of Camp Procedures:
DROP off for Camp:
- Luggage drop-off: Begins at 7:30 on Monday, February 5, 2024- Luggage may be dropped at the luggage truck in the bus loop circle at D39C. Clearly mark all luggage with Student’s Name (duct tape or masking tape work well).
Please refer to the Student Packing List (link above under “Forms”)
- Student drop off: Students may be dropped off between 7:30 - 7:45 am on Monday, February 5, 2024.
RETURN from Camp: Students will be returning to Design39Campus on Friday at 12:00 p.m.
** Parents or Guardians MUST pick up students at this time. – There will be no additional class time for students on Friday February 9, 2024 once students have returned from camp.**